Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sabbath Day

  I have often wondered why there is a Sabbath day, I have always wanted to spend each and ever day of my life working and doing what I want to do.  I ask myself, why does our Heavenly Father need us to spend a day off and think of him, go to church, and read the scriptures? As I read the scriptures and learn from the great messages I come to remind myself of these small but important principles.
      St. Mark 2:27 "And he said unto them, the sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath."
  I was able to remind myself today that the Sabbath day was for us to have a day to grow closer to God so that we can keep him in our lives and have a happy life.  We need the Sabbath and that is why out Heavenly Father gave us the day to think about him and our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment