Thursday, June 9, 2011

Works in Salvation?

   I was reading in Philippians 2 and I was reading about that saying "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
   As I read that a thought came to mind. I thought back on my life when I was doing one thing bad that was worse then the rest and God helped me realize that problem. Then together I worked with my Heavenly Father on fixing that problem and through Christ I was forgiven. Then a few weeks down the road God helped by showing me another problem I have in my life and again we worked on it together and Christ worked with me to be forgiven.  In my head that helps me understand that scripture about working out our salvation.  Alone we can do nothing for our self but with him we can do all things. Our Heavenly Father is the guide and His Son Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  That is how we can change and "work out our own salvation" like Paul directs in Philippians Chapter 2.
 
  Another incite that was shown to be by a dear friend was the words "fear and trembling." These are the words he used to explain what was being taught in this scripture.
 
"...I think the "fear and trembling" is not out of being afraid of God but rather it is our recognition of how truly awesome He is. Because I believe that all scripture is inspired we need to study it all out so that where there seems to be a discrepancy we can look for a clear preponderance of evidence. Hence, if we look through the entire Bible, I believe it is clear that salvation is a free gift from God through Jesus Christ."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment